To assist surgical team during operative procedures by preparing sterile equipment for the operation and in addition passing instruments, sponges and sutures to the operating team.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Assist with: inventory, sterilization of instruments, preparation and selection of equipment for procedures, transfer of patients as needed, turnover of rooms, turnover and transfer of instruments to CSR/Decontamination, putting equipment back in place. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience necessary.
- Experience in the Operating Room O.R. setting performing scrub duties in multi-surgical specialties.
- Minimum of 2 years recent OR experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to meet functional job requirements.
- Certification required.
- Ambulatory surgery experience.
- Ability to scrub orthopedic sports medicine, adult otolaryngology, plastics, general, urology and gynecological surgery.
- Self-motivated and excellent organization skills.
- Completion of Surgical Technologist certification program.
Hours are variable.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.