How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please description your interestes and long term goals.
The Michele lab focuses on the molecular mechanisms of human muscular dystrophies and associated cardiomyopathies using primarily mouse models (see sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/michelelab/)
- Performing experiments using primary cell cultures of cardiac muscle cells
- Performing fluorescence microscopy on live and fixed specimens.
- Managing and genotyping mouse colonies and other lab management duties.
- Summarizing data and performing statistical analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in biological science, biochemistry, chemistry, health or related field of study.
- Applicants must have previous laboratory experience with mammalian cell tissue culture and sterile techniques, experience with fluorescence microscopy, and willingness to work with animals in research.
- Strong organizational, communication, and computer skills are a must.
- Individuals with experience in any of the above laboratory duties and/or one or more years of experience performing experiments and working in a lab environment will receive highest consideration.
Experience in live cell microscopy, statistics, and/or drug testing in cell culture.
M-F days with some nights and weekends
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.