How to Apply
The University of Michigan Museum of Art is in the midst of a dynamic and creative transformation. With a renewed focus on anti-racism and social justice issues, nationally important exhibitions, and an expansion of collaboration and partnerships. When you join UMMA, you can expect to be part of a creative team that views the Museum as an important space for exploring contemporary social issues, building community and equity, and celebrating artistic expression and achievement. In deciding whether to apply for a position at UMMA, you are encouraged to consider whether your values align with our "Commitment to Anti-Racist Action and a More Inclusive Museum."
UMMA seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. All candidates including those under-represented in the Museum or creative web development fields are encouraged to apply.
For full consideration please provide a resume with cover letter, describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position requirements. Please apply online at careers.umich.edu
UMMA is looking for a Web Content Specialist to join our Marketing and Public Relations team. Our team manages several communications and marketing platforms and is building new tools and structures for our evolving Museum. If you are excited about the possibility of using the features of the modern web to redefine engagement with the arts and invent new forms of Museum storytelling, we want to talk to you! Prior museum experience is not expected or required, but we would love it if you have an interest in arts and culture.
You will report to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and work closely with the Museum Technology team.
The University of Michigan Museum of Art seeks to transform individual and civic life by promoting the discovery, contemplation, and enjoyment of the art of our world.
Why Work at Michigan?
- In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, the University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future.
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Vision, dental, and life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Develop new online content related to Museum projects and exhibitions (40%)
- Manage daily posting of web updates, blog posts, and other website features (30%)
- Help create email marketing campaigns (15%)
- Help plan for the future development of large-scale website redesign and updated style guidelines and standards (10%)
- Other general online marketing tasks (5%)
- 2 or more years experience experience with Drupal, WordPress, or other open source CMS solutions
- 2 or more years experience experience with Adobe Creative Suite to create and prepare images, still/motion graphics, and video content for the web
- Experience creating email newsletters using Constant Contact, MailChimp or other CRM tools
- Knowledge of and advocacy for web accessibility standards
- Interest in contemporary internet culture and knowledge of web content trends and best practices
- Comfort with other programming languages
- Photography experience
- Previous work with a marketing or media organization
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.