How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Division of Rehabilitation Psychology/Neuropsychology is seeking a full-time Psychometrist. Employee will work flexibly with a team of Psychometrists who support a team of rehabilitation psychologists/neuropsychologists. The expected schedule for this position will include a minimum of four 10-hour testing days.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Administer standard and complex neuropsychological and general psychology tests used in the diagnosis of neurological and psychological disorders to patients with a wide range of medical conditions and developmental disabilities
- Learn existing assessments and any new assessments
- Explain test procedures to patients
- Establish necessary clinical rapport with patients
- Maintain standardized test procedures
- Manage behaviors that may affect cooperation and test performance
- Score test protocols, organize and prepare data summary forms
- Review the scoring, data and summary reports for completeness and accuracy
- Record behavioral observations
- Maintain work space
- Clean up, restock forms
- Maintain tests and laboratory equipment
- Comfortable working with children and adults is essential
- Experience and competence in working with young children (ages 3-5 years) is desired
- Expected to be collaborative team members who participate in in-service instruction on an as needed basis
- Participation in case reviews with the supervising clinician may also be required
- Provides training to psychometrists, students and postdoctoral fellows
- Master's degree in psychology
- A Limited Licensure as a Psychologist or Temporary Limited Licensure as a Psychologist
- Must maintain license and meet continuing education requirements
- Experience in neuropsychological testing and experience working with both children and adults
- Experience working with medically involved and neurodevelopmental populations is preferred
- Openness to work with all ages and comfort with an early childhood population is desired
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.