How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Function as part of a team to manage patient flow in a fast paced, outpatient clinic setting. Duties included but are not limited to the following: taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
Maintaining, ordering, and stocking supplies for exam rooms
Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is followed
Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
Assist in complex procedures, requiring knowledge of complex and varied equipment including endoscopic equipment
Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical information
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality along with excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Effective time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Competency in computer programs, telephone etiquette, and other office procedures
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced clinic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work over-time
- Medical Terminology
- Computer skills and familiarity with computer applications, including EPIC and Microsoft Office
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.