Provide clinical assistance by assisting patients and providers. Perform general support services within the Cardiovascular Medicine department within Dominos Farms outpatient cardiology clinics.Provide clinical assistance by assisting patients and providers.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Management that provides quality training and direction
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Perform efficient and accurate intake on patients, including proper medication reconciliation, allergy and social history review, and take vital signs.
- Monitor and promote clinic flow by rooming patients.
- Perform electrocardiograms.
- Maintain stock levels in exam rooms and medical assistant pods.
- Administer immunizations.
- Ensure personal mandatory MLearnings and competencies are up to date.
- Process patient care orders using the electronic ordering system.
- Respond to general patient inquiries regarding treatment and clinic policies and procedures.
- Arrange for the repair of clinic equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- BLS within three months of hire.
Base schedule is Monday - Friday, days 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Work location: Dominos Farms
This position may be filled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position requires moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.