MLabs, a Division within the Department of Pathology is seeking an experienced individual for the Client Services Center to provide front line customer service to our clients.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
This position’s primary responsibility is to answer phone inquiries regarding laboratory testing received from MLabs clients. This involves reporting lab results, communicating specimen collection and handling requirements, dispatching courier requests, clarifying test requests not commonly referred, and serving as a facilitator for client interactions with technical laboratory staff and pathologists. Responsibilities also include problem solving concerns expressed by the client or triaging those concerns to a supervisor. Daily activities include handling the Critical call list, writing risk management reports, responds to and trouble shoots emailed, faxed or phoned in problems related to MLabs patients, handle return of slides and blocks, distribution of reports not sent electronically, performing quality assurance on test requests, providing clients with requisitions, kits and other supplies, working with MLabs Connect, our electronic on-line web portal and a variety of other office activities to help meet the needs of our MLabs local, regional and national clients. It is expected that the MLabs call center will maintain a service level of 95% or above. This means that 95% of all calls will be answered within 30 seconds after the call is routed to a representative. All Customer Service Representatives are to maintain Service Excellence standards as described in our Service Excellence Standards Policy.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- High school diploma and 5 years of experience in a Customer Service Role.
- Demonstrated commitment to Service Excellence is necessary.
- Demonstrated good work habits, dependability, punctuality, flexibility and attendance necessary. Excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to take action while exhibiting good judgment and realistic understanding of issues.
- Ability to communicate with others in a friendly and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport with customers is essential.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office Products is helpful.
- Three to five years’ office work experience with progressive responsibility is helpful.
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment working as a team to assist customers/clients/co-workers is helpful.
This full time, 40 hour position will be on the day shift, hours will be M-F 7am to 3pm with rotating Saturdays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.