How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Operations and Ancillary Services (OAS) is seeking a high-energy, motivated Business Analyst to join our team to provide operational support by providing leadership and guidance in the development and delivery of human resource, payroll, and financial strategies, functions, reports, and data analysis.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Human Resource and Payroll 50%
- In partnership with departmental leadership, develop, implement, manage policy, guidelines, and procedures to improve operational standardization and efficiency.
- Through deep understanding of human resource and time and labor workflows, develop and manage efficient standardized methods to process required transactions and essential reports.
- Serve as a resource and guide to department leadership as it pertains to ensuring compliance with applicable rules, regulations, laws, SPG, and contracts.
- Manage and administer the design and development of human resource and payroll dashboards (Tableau).
- Provide standard and ad hoc HRMS and payroll reports and analysis (PS-Query and Tableau).
- Compile, analyze and present information about the departments using data related to human resources and payroll.
- Recruits, interviews and selects administrative staff supporting human resource and payroll strategies and functions.
- Provides supervision, counsel, discipline, and performance evaluation of direct reports (4.0 FTE).
- Data management and analysis support for planning activities in areas such as patient billing for nutritional services, expense monitoring, internal controls, budget development and analysis, and operating finances.
- In partnership with departmental leadership, create and enforce policies for effective financial management for better decision support.
- Advocate for techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy of data.
- Establish standards and business processes for reporting including template design, visualization, data models, and queries appropriate to support service departments and the budget, planning and management functions. Create or contribute to a dashboard reporting system for departmental and financial reporting groups.
- Troubleshoot variances and provide recommended solutions.
- Perform regular and ad hoc statistical analyses related to a wide range of functions and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience in management or supervision of administrative personnel
- Ability to understand complex business processes and the inter-relatedness of financial operating data
- Competence in queries and working with Human Resource Management and Financial System (Business Intelligence, PeopleSoft, other departmental software programs)
- Personnel and financial reporting, analysis and administration
- Demonstrated ability to produce visually understandable data using a common software (Excel Pivot Table/graphs, PowerPoint)
- Able to work with numeric data, manipulate data representations and visualizations, and translate financial reports into meaningful operational information
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to recognize and investigate anomalies
- Sound organizational skills and the ability to successfully multi-task
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to coordinate and work effectively with numerous units and staff at various levels
- Demonstrated proficiency UMHS systems, Microsoft Office, and Tableau
- Experience working in health care with knowledge of UM structure, policies, procedures, Standard Practice Guide, AFSCME CBA
- Project management experience (ex. Trello, Workzone, Smartsheet)
- Policy and procedure development (PolicyStat, Visio)
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or SQL (report writing)
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Query (query manager)
- Education Development (PowerPoint, Camtasia)?
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.