The University of Michigan Orthotics and Prosthetics Center is a large multi-disciplinary clinic dedicated to providing high quality orthotic, prosthetic, and pedorthic services for adults and children. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees. This individual will work as a part of our Acute Care Team, a unit located at the University Hospital – Michigan Medicine.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Greet and check-in patients, check-out patients and collect payments as required.
- Assist clinical staff in completing, processing, and data entry of paper and electronic forms for the purpose of preparation for authorizations, billing, and record keeping.
- Accurately and efficiently schedule patient appointments utilizing two EMR systems (MiChart & OPIE) after determining appropriate sub-specialty based on prescription details.
- Manage the daily inpatient work queue.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the inpatient/outpatient clinic.
- Initiate and respond to telephone encounters in Cadence and OPIE messages in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient care.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with referral source scheduling teams for outpatient clinic services.
- Provide clerical support for clinical staff as related to front desk responsibilities.
- Assist in inventory management of in-office stock.Assist in keeping patient area and rooms organized.
- Act as a receptionist.
- Graduation from high school or GED
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Some college education.
- Outstanding customer service skills with one to two years’ experience in a health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Patient account and/or insurance verification experience.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling systems, Cadence (MiChart) or Epic software is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of medical terminology, preferably in the field of Physical Medicine, Orthotics and Prosthetics.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
This will be a Full-Time (Non-Exempt), 40 hours per week; 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday schedule.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.