The Domino's Farms Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes (MEND) Clinic is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, patient-oriented Medical Assistant to assist in our Endocrinology Department. The Medical Assistant will provide clinical assistance by taking vital signs, performing POC testing and assisting physicians as needed. They will escort patients to exam rooms and enter medical history into the patient's chart. In addition to direct patient care, they will also provide general office support services within the clinic.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Patient intake (e.g. documenting chief complaint, V/S, height, weight).
- Review and update MiChart as directed.
- Patient follow-up for normal and low complexity test results as directed by provider.
- Assist providers with management of point-of-care alerts for services due.
- Perform POC testing.
- Patient instruction for durable medical equipment and test preparation.
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule.
- Process prescription renewals as directed by a provider or RN.
- Medication administration per delegation guidelines or order for oral meds and injections.
- Assist with tests and procedures.
- Assist in setting self- management goals and follow-up on established goals.
- Chronic pain management tasks per protocol.
- Vaccine inventory and supply management.
- Order clinical supplies and medications.
- Maintain current competencies and mandatory training.
- Assist providers with completion of patient paperwork.
- Complete in basket messages and fax requests.
High School Diploma or GED.
Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
Certification as a Medical Assistant.
Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.