How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by: -Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences. -Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
- Provide a wide variety of technical lab support, individually and/or together with other research personnel.
- Oversee the day-to-day lab operation, schedule and maintain record of lab equipment.
- Maintain the lab inventory, ordering chemicals, biological reagents, and supplies.
- Assist the lab director to prepare research proposals and project progress reports.
- Perform critical analyses of literature relevant to research projects.
- Conduct experiments, collect and maintain detailed record of all experiments and data, analyze results, write technical reports, and draft abstracts, conferences presentations and manuscripts.
- Present reports related to the progress of research projects in lab meetings.
- Supervise supporting and temporary lab personnel, assemble, test, calibrate, clean or make minor repairs to equipment.
The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in science-related field and familiarity with lab instrumentation.
Previous experience working in dental-related lab is advisable.
As a team member of a research lab, the candidate should:
• Have a positive outlook and be self-motivated to carry out experiments as well as to work with other lab members and the PI
• Have willingness and ability to acquire new skills
• Be meticulous in keeping/updating track record
• Present excellent ability to multitask
• Have proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases, graphics and statistical computer program packages
• Be a quick learner, work independently, troubleshoot problems and complete work in a timely manner
• Present excellent organizational skills
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have excellent attendance record
This position is for the School of Dentistry located at 1011 N University Ave.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.