Material Services Customer Service Representatives are dedicated to providing quality customer service with an extraordinary degree of enthusiasm to their customers.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Process and input all customer orders in a timely manner according to Materiel Services business processes.
- Consistently generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer orders
- Handle customer returns in an efficient manner and assure proper credit is given to customer
- Respectfully interact with other departmental staff in the warehouse to achieve goals and efficient processes
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products and support policies and procedures to insure accurate solution for customers or route customers to appropriate resource.
- Review customer's requests. When necessary, advise customers regarding stock choice based on availability/excessive amount
- Participate in physical inventories
- Perform warehouse cycle counts as needed
NOTE : In addition to the responsibilities identified above, the staff members in this classification may also perform the work characteristics of the Customer Service Receiving Representative - Receiving classification. Occasional off shifts meetings and training may be required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning orders, billing, deliveries, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous manner, directing them to the correct person.
- Educate customers of Materiel Services' policies and procedures.
- Report customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
Maintain Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Advise/recommend ways of changing departmental and Materiel Services' processes, policies and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Clean assigned work areas ensuring neatness/orderliness complies with OSHA and MSDA standards.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Aptitude for providing stellar customer service and initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrated leadership skills in initiating/directing workflow within a warehouse environment
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to work well on a team with very high work ethic
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to handle change, anticipated, and emergent
- Experience working in a customer service operation.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and CG4 software.
Saturdays, Sundays and All Holidays 2:00pm-10:30pm 16 hours (Weekends & Holidays) .40 FTE
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.