The Department of Pathology, Clinical Phlebotomy Laboratory is looking for an outgoing, dedicated, caring individual to work in our Onsite Phlebotomy Blood Draw Stations. The Outpatient team is dedicated to the care of children of all ages and is a fast paced, exciting laboratory where the work is rewarding and the staff are friendly and dedicated. Would you like to join our team and become our newest Phlebotomist? If the answer is yes, apply today to be considered!
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Work in ambulatory clinic to obtain blood and urine specimens according to laboratory specifications, following written procedures without deviation.
- Obtain specimens using phlebotomy, alternate access device, and dermal puncture.
- Handle all specimens according to test specifications, prepare specimens for transport and ensure proper delivery to central lab in a timely manner.
- Utilize electronic medical record (MiChart) and laboratory information system (Soft) to monitor order requests.
- Model professional and respectful behavior at all times, providing the highest level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Work effectively with others to accomplish common goals.
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- A minimum of one (1) year phlebotomy experience is required for phlebotomist specialist classification.
- Considerable experience in phlebotomy.
- Phlebotomy Certification or equivalent coursework.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
- Proficient in basic computer functions.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.