How to Apply
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address why you believe you would be a good fit for this position and an outline of your customer service experiences that would be applicable to this position.
Dexter Family Medicine is dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. We are actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, patient-oriented individual who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and team members.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by performing clinical processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for procedures, immunization administration, clinical support to providers, patient follow-up, and prescription management.
Medical Assistant / Associate:
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program or combination of equivalent education and 1-3 years of experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff
- High standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment. In addition, candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients
- Active listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience within an ambulatory setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record; preferably the systems used at Michigan Medicine
- Certification as a medical assistant
- Interest in cross training to scribe
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
- Interest in disability health and ASL
This position is 20 hours/week, Monday-Saturday. Must be available and flexible with schedule for Saturdays and evening rotation.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.