How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
Participate with research related projects involving complex queries and database work. Research, design, develop and implement AI and advanced machine learning application to support research predictive analytics initiatives. Develop processes and tools to monitor/analyze performance. Application of statistical rigor Custom programming as necessary. Work with other analyst to develop, test and monitor performance of models.
Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases for data warehousing. Able to run complex SQL queries and familiar with ETL processes/tools. Experience with data acquisition and multifaceted data pipelines.
Some participation with hospital operation by working directly with the hospital clinical services team in providing technical support to electronic health record in the OR. Participates and provide support for medical device integration in a complex hospital settings. Incumbent is also expected to participate in an on-call rotation and to provide third-level of technical support to the hospital team.
Supervision Received: Direct supervision is received from Clinical Application Services Director
• Bachelor degree in computer science or its equivalent experience at minimum
• Strong organizational, presentation , written and communication skills
• Able to collaborate effectively with different groups and people of various disciplinesAble to interact effectively with customers and other team members.
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people, internally and externally
• Experience with data/database work is desirable
• Flexibility to meet changing priorities.
• Employees in this classification typically analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action and have the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities. Primary activities and decision making authority are predominantly performed independently affecting business operations to a substantial degree. Able to interact effectively with customers and other team members.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Data Science is desirable
- Strong programming skills are required Experience is desirable.
- Experience with Python, R, or similar languages are desirable
- Health system experience is desirable
- Epic proficiency/certification is desirable
- Database experience is desirable.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.