Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Ann Arbor area.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Continuous direct patient contact
- Collaborative work environment
- Management that provides quality training and direction
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
As a patient services assistant in our OB/GYN and Pediatric Briarwood Clinic, you have the priviledge of working with individuals going through pregnancy, labor and puerperium along with children of all ages.
- Check in and check out patients
- Schedule patients for appointments, tests, and consults
- Ensure all pertinent information is available for patient visits
- Prepare, maintain and update forms/records
- Provide general information to staff and patients
- Verify, update patient information, obtain referrals and/or authorizations
- Manage incoming telephone calls, patient appointments and other pre-arrival requirement
- Process patient charges, collect payments and reconcile cash collections
- Work with nursing team, providers, medical assistants, administrative team and other business office team members to improve patient care and improve processes to enhance patient experience
General office practices, ability to understand medical documentation, coding and diagnosis. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written skills. Candidate must demonstrate team effort, be able to work independently, have good organization and prioritization skills. Candidate must have an excellent attendance record. High School Diploma or GED.
Assistant Level: 0-2 years of experience, High School Diploma or GED.
Associate Level: 2-3 years of experience, High School Diploma or GED.
Experience working with Cadence, MiChart and Aspect phone systems. Knowledge of insurance carrier requirements. Understanding of university policies and procedures.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position. The clinic is open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM – 12:00 on Saturday. This position will require some flexibility to work varying shifts during the week and rotating Saturdays.
Michigan Medicine Briarwood Center for Women, Children and Young Adults
Briarwood 2, 400 E. Eisenhower Pkwy. Building 2, Suite B , Ann Arbor, MI 48108
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.