Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Reporting to the HR Business Operations Manager, our HR Assistant Associate is an essential member of the team supporting our workforce across the 20+ units within Student Life. You will assist with student and non-student temporary employment processing. You will support I-9 processing for all new hires, including I-9 recertification for faculty, staff, and temporary employees.
We are looking for passionate service-oriented individuals to join our team. Someone who enjoys working at a fast pace, in a high volume team, managing complex employment situations, and is excited about finding ways to improve our work processes.
What You'll Do
- Provide excellent service to the many campus partners we serve
- Support Personal Data Validation Forms and Federal I-9 employment eligibility documentation, including recertification and e-Verifying contracted employees in compliance with federal regulations
- Administer hiring processes for assigned group or client base
- Create job postings, prepare offer communications, process applications, complete employment-related transactions, and other associated responsibilities
- Partner with other HR team members to support department employment needs
- A High School diploma
- 1 or more years experience working with equivalent human resource processes (hiring and employee record maintenance)
- Experience with University of Michigan procedures and HR systems related to hiring, staffing, and employment lifecycle
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
Please note: Relocation will not be offered for this position
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.