The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Receiving, processing and cryopreservation of cellular therapy products, such as peripheral blood stem cells, bone marrow and cord blood.
- Transport of cellular therapy products to the patient's bedside.
- Perform quality control of equipment, laboratory cleaning, documentation of environmental monitoring and general laboratory maintenance.
- This position has patient contact.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- BS in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science.
- Certified or eligible to be certified as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist by an appropriate healthcare agency.
- Knowledge of GMP/ GTP is desired.
Hours are Monday - Friday 12:00 PM to 8:00, rotating weekends and holidays.
$3000.00 Sign-on bonus available.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.