We, the staff and faculty of Michigan Medicine’s Rogel Cancer Center team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence. Each employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The Rogel Cancer Center is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Ensuring a Patient and Family centered experience according to the Health Systems Service Excellence Goals is a priority to the care of our patients. The individual chosen will be responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service including, exhibiting a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Primary responsibilities include triaging patient calls, reviewing in-baskets continually and scheduling appointments as directed. Other clerical duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Candidate must be an active team player and be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are required along with outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Exhibits a professional and positive image when interacting with customers
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- 0-2 Years of Experince
- 2-3 Years of Experince
- Previous clerical/medical records experience in an outpatient clinical setting is highly desirable.
- General office practices, ability to understand medical documentation and general knowledge of medical terminology is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a call center is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Call Center experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MiChart is highly desired.
20 hours per week.
This position works at our Call Center at North Campus Administrative Building.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.