Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan medicine is comprised of over 26,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Salary range for Registered Nurses- $67,815.44 - $105,171.93
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.55 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.40 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
The benefit package includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust Tuition and Certification support programs
- Large offering of no cost CEs and professional development for advancement
Include but not limited to providing direct patient care to Pediatric/adult ambulatory surgical populations: maintaining airway, vital signs, monitoring EKG, pain management. Care is inclusive of entire perioperative experience. This staff member could potentially rotate between the Pre-op area, Phase I and Phase II recovery, and short stay unit. Provide patient/family education. Family centered care is provided through collaboration with all members of the health care team in order to meet the specialized care requirements of the specific population. Participate with health team members for problem solving in area management. Candidate must be highly motivated to provide excellent care and patient advocacy. Charge nurse responsibilities are shared by all RNs on the unit as assigned.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of 2 years of PACU experience (Phase I required within 1 year)
- Pre-Op experience within the last 1 year.
- Current PACU Adult experience
- ACLS and PALS Certification
- Experience with airway management.
- Proficient with IV starts
- Proficient in Michart (optime)
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- BSN preferred
- Adult Experience
- Pediatric Experience
- Surgical short stay experience
- Ambulatory Surgery Experience in a fast paced ambulatory environment
- Preoperative Call Experience
- Charge Nurse Experience
- Self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills
- CPAN or CAPA certified
- Evidence of continuous professional development activities
- Demonstrated recent experience with continuous quality improvement projects
- Willingness to serve on unit committees to improve patient outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to care for patients following ASPAN staffing guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a multidisciplinary team with the goal of service excellence and Family Centered care.
- Ability to present a positive image of the facility.
- Demonstrated ability to direct nursing practice and apply nursing judgement to a variety of situations.
- Excellent attendance as evidenced by previous performance evaluations and/or attendance record.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to direct nursing practice and apply nursing judgment to a variety of situations.
- Demonstrates consistent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and department based competencies within an established time frame.
- Ability to meet functional job requirements.
Hours: 36 hours/ week
Shift: Day/ Night rotation
Location: Brighton Center Specialty Care: Pre-OP/PACU/23 Hour Stay
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.