How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Provide data management and study coordination for clinical research trials (investigator initiated and commercially sponsored trials).
- Collect quality data in timely fashion recording data on case report forms and entering into database.
- Work closely with staff and biostatistical core to ensure compliance and assist in the analysis of data.
- Register patients to trial in Clinical Trials Database/with Sponsor after confirmation of eligibility.
- Abstract data on patients from various sources.
- Participate/Organize Site Visits (UofM) Attend Investigator Meetings (pharmaceutical studies).
- Ensure compliance with GCP, FDA regulations, ICH regulations, and IRB policies and procedures.
- Act as liaison with Regulatory Team, Study Team, and federal/industrial sponsors.
- Management of the Study (maintain up to date protocol specific CRFs, etc.).
- Obtain source documents for CRF completion.
- Prepare for Audits - internal (QARC) and external (FDA, Industry).
- Data Safety Monitoring preparations for PRC Executive Committee Sponsors, Cooperative Groups, FDA.
- Prepare for and participate in Monitoring Visits.
- Prepare Ad Hoc Reports, Handle PPI special requests.
- Schedule/Prepare/Attend study closeout meetings.
- Data Entry.
- Specimen handling and shipping.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Science or a Health Science related field.
- 2 or more years of data management experience for clinical trials.
- Direct clinical research experience, or equivalent work experience.
- To be successful in this position the candidate should have a working knowledge of GCP and FDA regulations governing clinical research.
- Candidate must possess IT proficiency, database experience, familiarity with medical terminology, excellent written and oral communication skills and self-motivation.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced team environment but must also be able to work independently under limited supervision.
- The candidate must possess interpersonal skills with exceptional attention to detail and the willingness to contribute in a team setting.
- Exceptional organizational skills required.
- Previous research/data management experience required.
- Clinical trials experience in Oncology
- Master's Degree
- Previous experience with Epic/MiChart, Oncore
- SoCRA and ACRP certification
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.