We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates who will provide compassionate and exceptional customer service. Candidates should be enthusiastic and patient-oriented individuals who are interested in creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Provide family-centered care to patients of all ages seen in Dermatology.
- Assist medical providers by drawing up and labeling injectable medications; gather topical medications and supplies for in-office treatments; assist during procedures including preparation of sterile fields for excisions; provide wound care instructions and removal of sutures/ staples at follow-up appointments; provide in-office treatments such as application of chemo wraps/ Unna boot dressings.
- Provide evaluation and care to unscheduled walk-in patients returning to clinic; notify physician colleagues of urgent concerns.
- Work closely with MA/ support staff to ensure efficient clinic operations including patient rooming, lab specimen collection/ documentation, and inventory/ organization of clinic medications, supplies and instruments.
- In collaboration with medical providers, manage and act upon in-basket folders including appointment requests, prescription refills, patient portal messages and biopsy/ lab results.
- Assist patients with scheduling referrals.
- Ensure quality of care by following-up on requests for outside biopsy specimens/ medical records.
- Review urgent appointment requests and determine appropriate scheduling timeframe using established clinic guidelines.
- In collaboration with medical providers, assist with patient and family education.
- Assist in educating and monitoring patients in the iPLEDGE Program and lab monitoring system (in collaboration with other MA/ LPN staff within the Department).
- Assist with completion of insurance paperwork such as prior authorizations for prescription medications.
Candidate will be required to protect patient privacy, provide a secure, comfortable, and welcoming clinical environment. Participate in the development of clinic goals and objectives by attending staff meetings and in-service programs for the medical staff, attend appropriate continuing education, staff development programs, as well as Quality Improvement initiatives to support implementation of change. Adhere to the hospital’s safety guidelines, Joint Commission standards, polices, and practices through education of nursing staff and other members of the health care team, help ensure compliance with all such safety-related policies
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Graduation from an accredited School for Practical Nursing
Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan
The selected individual must have excellent attendance
Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff
Must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; and have a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
*A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position
One or more years of experience as an LPN working within an Ambulatory Care setting
Experience and familiarity with an electronic medical record, MiChart/EPIC/EMR preferred
Knowledge of Michigan Medicine policies and procedures
Knowledge of Dermatology
Willing to adapt/embrace change and learn new technology
**Candidate should be an excellent communicator; be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong organization and prioritization skills; have the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment; have proficiency using and documenting in an electronic medical record; and have demonstrated problem solving skills
Hours per week: 40 hrs per week
Shift/ Days/ Hours: Flexibility in scheduling is required. Variable day shift; Monday –Friday; 8 hour shifts with variable start times. May include evenings or weekends based on clinic needs and future expansion.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.