How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Duties include but are not limited to providing administrative support to the Clinical Nurse Manager for Brandon NICU and other unit nursing leadership positions (Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Nurse Supervisors, Educational Nurse Coordinator and Clinical Care Coordinators).
- Process, reconcile and submit bi-weekly and monthly payroll generated from OneStaff data, adhering to Department of Labor regulations, UM Policies and Procedures and contracts. Review Gross Pay Registers, make adjustments as necessary and ensure timely follow-up with staff involved. Prepare UMPNC quarterly/annual bonuses.
- Prepare, submit, and reconcile financial processes and statements such as travel and hosting expenses, tuition support, gift accounts/P card, etc.
- Prepare all personnel documentation including job postings, appointment changes, and all records/absences pertaining to personnel issues.
- Maintain departmental personnel records.
- Scheduling responsibilities including but not limited to schedule development/management of daily staffing/trade requests/assistance with temp scheduling.
- Complete other products assigned by the area manager.
- At least 4 years progressively responsible experience in an administrative support capacity.
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Reasonable knowledge of University Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus. Demonstrated ability to compose and produce professional correspondence.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills including attention to detail and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment in setting priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a large team setting consistently demonstrating flexibility and commitment to embracing change.
- Experience using ANSOS/OneStaff, M-Pathways HRMS, MiChart and Finance BI. Knowledge of Wolverine Access.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Docs.
- Experience using database software packages and pulling queries and data analysis.
This is a 40 hour full time position, with a day shift work schedule of Monday - Friday. Hours may vary.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.