How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This medical technologist will be mainly responsible for daily operations of the Andrology and Endocrine portion of the ART lab, including reproductive hormone testing, andrology testing and therapeutic procedures. This individual will join a team of andrologists, embryologists, and fertility healthcare providers with a longstanding track record of successful teamwork and program building.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
This medical technologist will be mainly responsible for daily operations of the Andrology and Endocrine portion of the ART lab, including reproductive hormone testing, andrology testing and therapeutic procedures. This individual will join a team of andrologists, embryologists, and fertility healthcare providers with a longstanding track record of successful teamwork and program building. This position directly reports to the Technical Supervisor/Laboratory Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participation in a robust QM/QC/QA/QI laboratory program
- Endocrine testing
- Andrology diagnostic and therapeutic technologies
- Advanced procedures of testicular sperm process.
- Participation is expected in basic laboratory maintenance, safety, and application of high reliability principles and work with clinic staff to improve patient quality of care, safety, and clinic workflows.
- Opportunities exist to participate in translational andrology research and future cross-training in embryology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological, or an associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or equivalent education and training (42CFR493.1489(b)(2)(ii)).
- The candidate must have ability to lift 20 pounds 2 inches above the ground without using any tool and move horizontally for 30 feet.
- The candidates need to strictly follow the laboratory’s policy and procedure.
- Attention to detail, good documentation practice, excellent communication skills and ability to work independently as well as part of the team are essential.
- Evidence of participation in quality and data management is required.
- Familiarity with computer programs in Microsoft Office is required, including Word and Excel.
- Must be eligible to work in the US (citizen or permanent resident).
- At least one-year experience in the clinical laboratory setting.
- Proven experience on all aspects of endocrine testing and andrology techniques required for human semen analysis, intrauterine insemination and IVF sperm preparation, and cryopreservation.
- Experience with electric medical record system, such as Epic.
This position entails some weekend and holiday work on a rotation basis with other colleagues.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.