How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Review patient eligibility using health and medical information, including medical record data
- Approach potential research subjects, explain research protocol, and obtain patient consent for clinical research projects
- Perform phone calls to patients for screening, patient recruitment and patient follow-up
- Enter patient research data into an electronic data capture system
- Participate in regular study team meetings and assist in documenting participants’ study progress for regular review by the project manager and Principal Investigators
- Bachelor's Degree in health related field OR at least JUNIOR standing in a science or health related degree
- Demonstrated ability to observe and maintain data confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility for work in diverse settings and populations.
- Strong organizational skills, attentive to detail and able to follow protocols
- Basic computer skills - word processing, internet searches, spread sheets, Microsoft Outlook, additional skills in behavioral data acquisition helpful but not necessary
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff, and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem-solving
The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. The successful candidate will be adept at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment and able to work independently, maintain orderly records, and seek guidance as needed. Previous experience in a clinical setting is also helpful
Burlington Building, Ste 100, Rm 1025
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.