How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Patient Care/Customer Service
- Work with dental residents to provide comprehensive dental care to patients which includes chairside assisting.
- Responsible for patient flow, keeping treatment rooms neat and organized.
- Protect and safeguard patient information and confidentiality per HIPAA standards.
- Assist with setup, breakdown, maintenance, clean-up, proper sterilization or other preparation of rooms and equipment & instruments daily.
- Assist with patient management during treatment, minimizing patient discomfort and anxiety.
- Display excellent customer service and attitude toward patients, students, faculty and staff.
- Render immediate assistance in emergency medical situations.
- Take patient blood pressure using appropriate devices.
- Expose and set digital radiographs according to standard procedures or specific instructions.
- Maintain licensure and continuing education.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Actively work with team members, staff, student providers and faculty on training issues and appropriate procedures.
- Maintain and order clinical supplies as needed.
- Work as a team player, either helping or receiving help from other assistants with the objective to with patient care
- Report any issues to the Clinic Manager or Director so they may be addressed promptly.
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and anticipate the needs of others
Front Desk Reception
- Serve as backup as need for Front Office Reception (answering clinic telephone line; scheduling patient appointments;obtain, verify, and update insurance, financial, statistical, and demographic information with the patient etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 – 3 years of related experience; Experience working with a patient management system; Experience chairside assisting with multiple providers in a busy clinic setting.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited dental assisting program.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers and CPR certificationProof of completion of Michigan Board of Dentistry approved radiography program.Knowledge of HIPPA, OSHA standards, and aseptic techniques
- Reasonable knowledge of dental clinic practices and procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.Excellent customer service skills. Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
This position is for the School of Dentistry located at 1011 N University Ave.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.