How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The College of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy is looking for a qualified developer to join our Pharmacy team. You will be working with Pharmacy faculty to develop and maintain high-quality healthcare mobile and web applications.
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly healthcare apps, we would like to meet you. As a Mobile developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile and web applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, you should be able to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile and web applications writing clean code
- Understand principles of standardizing, storing, integrating, sharing, processing and visualizing data in mHealth applications.
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Stay up to date with new technology trends
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store and the Android market
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift or Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of push notifications for iOS and Android
- Experience implementing Open mHealth standards (Shimmer, Granola, Pulse)
- Ability to work with the mHealth community on dissemination of work.
- Understand the SMART Health IT open standards for implementation of electronic health record applications
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.