How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The mission of the University of Michigan Recreational Sports is promoting a healthy lifestyle through engagement, leadership and activity. The Department operates multiple programs, four indoor facilities and two outdoor field complexes. The department consists of 36 full-time staff and over 650 student employees. Established in 1913, the department is considered to be one of the first collegiate recreation programs and is the first program to have a facility dedicated to student recreation (Intramural Sports Building, 1928). Recreational Sports reports to Student Life through the Associate Vice President of Student Life.
The Groundskeeper will help maintain the overall maintenance and upkeep of Mitchell Field, Elbel Field, Palmer Field, and the Sports Coliseum. This position helps to prepare these facilities for general programmatic use by Intramural Sports, Club Sports, and facility rentals. Assistance is also provided for facility maintenance projects in the other Recreational Sports facilities.
- Maintain grounds by mowing, weeding, cultivating, raking, and pruning shrubs, grass or plant ground cover
- Load/unload trucks and transport refuse or other materials
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to position self to perform a wide range of physical activities including pushing, pulling, kneeling, and reaching, including around obstacles.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with and follow instructions from co-workers, supervisors, customers, and facility managers.
- Your willingness to learn
- Your desire to work OUTSIDE everyday
- Ability to do repetitive tasks
- Valid Driver's License
- Strong work ethic
Work will primarily be outdoors. 20-40 hours per week. Monday through Friday. Work hours will be scheduled between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Please note: Relocation will not be offered for this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.