How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline your skills and experience that directly relate to this position as specified in the Requirements Section.
NOTE: This is a 2-year term limited appointment with the possibility of extension pending funding, availability of work, and satisfactory job performance. This position is for 40 hours per week.
The University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI) is a progressive, interdisciplinary school offering a Bachelor of Science in Information, a Master of Science in Information, a Master of Health Informatics, a Master of Applied Data Science, and a Ph.D. in Information. The School’s mission is to create and share knowledge so that people will use information – with technology – to build a better world.
The Engaged Learning Office (ELO) creates, manages, and facilitates high-impact and transformational student experiences that are essential to advancing the School’s goals of working at the intersections of people, information, and technology. ELO programs align with the University’s engaged learning initiatives and are reflective of engagement best practices.
Student Engagement Systems & Process Coordination 60%
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of content and data for systems that relate to Engaged Learning work and student engagement broadly, which includes iTrack, Airtable, Portfolium, MCompass, internal financial tracking tool, and Salesforce.
- Ensure that all team members are contributing the necessary information for ELO program success and that information shared is consistent, timely, and produces analytics to help guide the strategy for the creation and closure of ELO programs as based on student participation, client/partner participation, evaluation, and overall assessment.
- Ensure student engagement and community partner/client stories are collected and shared via these systems. Contribute to the development, maintenance, and consistent use by Career Development Office and Office of Academic and Student Affairs of these systems.
- Further student grants process for ELO and other student affairs offices, including advertising opportunities, processing applications, managing the reviewing committee, and processing awards, submitting reimbursement forms to OFA, and ensuring that post-award requirements are completed.
Program and Event Management 40%
- Coordinate the School’s annual community engagement programs, including Alternative Spring Break, Alternative Fall Break, Community Corps, the December Charitable Drive, and Service Week under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director.
- Contribute to the coordination of student engagement in client-based courses and programs, including Exposition.
- Assist in the coordination of the Research Experience for Masters Students program.
- Lead marketing and communication efforts for ELO events and programs, contributing to the School’s overall process of event and program scheduling and marketing.
- Working with the OASA Student Life Program Manager, coordinate activities that focus on engagement with student organizations.
- High school diploma required, some college experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple, competing duties
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to move projects forward, follow up with external stakeholders as needed, and follow through with tasks independently
- Experience working with a wide range of technology, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps products and managing data in complex databases
- Exercise initiative as a critical member of a small team; strong desire to contribute to a developing team in the novel field of engaged learning.
- Two year’s demonstrated administrative experience in a related role requiring timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, and attention to detail
- Advanced degree or certification in a related field
- Ability to confidently and fluently communicate with academics and employers in technical roles and organizations
- Experience working with students and/or nonprofits related to community engagement
- Experience managing marketing campaigns and external communications
- Graphic design experience
- Demonstrated experience with collaborative cloud based software and project management technologies such as Airtable and Salesforce
- Knowledge of University of Michigan policies and procedures
Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required. Will require working during non-business hours and on weekends. May require occasional domestic travel.
This position may be all or partially remote during the pandemic, with the employer's option to extend according to UMSI guidelines. Once safe to resume in-person operations, this position will be based in the UMSI Engagement Center, 777 N. University, Ann Arbor.
Please see this link for the full job description.
Benefits at the University of Michigan:
- The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.