How to Apply
Applicants will only be considered after successful completion and submission of the following:
- Completed application via the UM Careers website
- Letter of intent
- Updated curriculum vitae
The Pharmacy Department at Michigan Medicine is looking for a team-oriented, flexible, and highly motivated pharmacist to join the emergency department team. The ED pharmacist at Michigan Medicine will work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a highly collaborative team that includes Physicians, Resident Physicians, ED Fellows, Physician Assistants, nurses, ED technicians, pharmacists and other medical professionals. The ED pharmacist will provide pharmaceutical care services which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comprehensive pharmacotherapy consultations
- Pharmacokinetic dosing
- Participation in critical airway management, trauma resuscitation, and codes
- Providing accurate and timely drug information
- Clinical order verification and limited drug dispensing
- Patient education
- Focused medication history reviews
- Participation in the training of staff, residents, and students from the College of Pharmacy
- Participation in the training of medical staff, including nursing, residents/fellows, and physician assistants within the Department
Individual or collaborative scholarly/research activity is also strongly encouraged.
This position requires staffing in the adult emergency department, pediatric emergency department, and inpatient central pharmacy. This is a 0.8 FTE, 32 hours/week position, with access to full-time benefits. There may be opportunity to pick up additional hours if desired
For more information about Michigan Medicine’s Department of Pharmacy Services, see our annual report at: https://www.medicine.umich.edu/dept/pharmacy/pharmacy-annual-report
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy or RPh with commensurate experience
- A PGY1 pharmacy residency or equivalent experience in emergency medicine
- Current license to practice pharmacy in the State of Michigan (including a Controlled Substance license), or eligibility to become licensed within 90 days of employment start date
- Ability and willingness to serve as a preceptor for students and both PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residents
- Active participation in departmental projects and initiatives
- Excellent writing and verbal communication
- Ability to perform a variety of manual dexterity movements, including keyboarding and IV preparation
- Active participation in codes and trauma resuscitation
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- A PGY2 pharmacy residency or fellowship in emergency medicine, pediatrics, or other relevant area
- Board certification
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.