How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of three (3) temporary Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR) and services Diagnostic Radiology and Recovery.
Wage: $55.00/hr. base rate
Evening Shift Differential is $5.00 per hour
Night Shift Differential is $ 3.00 per hour
Weekend Differential is $5.00 per hour
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Providing focused, episodic care, from pre-op prep, to intra-procedural monitoring and administration of sedation/analgesia, to post-op recovery and patient/family education, for a variety of adult patients, accommodating both the in-patient and out-patient populations, requiring radiological exams and or interventional procedures.
This job posting 197040 replaces job posting 194698.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current Michigan licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Five (5) years of RN experience
- Two (2) years or more of RN experience in at least one (1) of the following specialties: ED, ICU, PACU or Diagnostic and/or Interventional Radiology
- Proficient Adult IV skills
- Current ACLS required
- Current AHA BLS Certification. Candidate will need to be able to provide proof of certification upon offer
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Note: In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- Proficient in Pediatric IV skills
- Demonstrated focused physical assessment, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated professional responsibility and accountability
- BSN preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a less structured environmentas evidenced by feedback from others/evaluation.
- Demonstrated flexibility in meeting unanticipated demands and priorities of various patient populations as evidenced by feedback from others/evaluation.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills as evidenced by feedback from others/evaluation.
**Commitment is 24 hours per 4 week scheduling block**
ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE; 4, 8, 10 AND 12 HR BLOCKS AVAILABLE!
Location: University Hospital: Central Staffing Resources Specialty Cluster, Diagnostic Radiology & Recovery Department-supporting patients in University Hospital, Mott C & W and the Cardiovascular Center.
TEMPORARY FLOAT NURSE GUIDELINES
1). All CSR employees are required to attend an annual educational Blitz to complete required
UM mandatories and compentencies (BCLS every 2 yrs, Cardiac Arrest and maintain all
other applicable certifications).
2). Temporary Float Nurses are expected to work all shifts requested unless no work is
available. It is the intention that all Temps will float to all units within the cluster speciality.
3). A Temporary Nurse should work 24 hours per 4 week schedule block. You may request four
(4), eight (8), or twelve (12) hours shifts in advance.
4.) Temporary Nurses in the CSR Clusters are NOT required to work weekends or holidays.
5). Temporary Nurses will participate in a newly designed, streamlined, onboarding/orientation
program. However, the progression of orientation will be dependent upon clinical
competency, staffing needs of the individual units, and the number of hours worked by the
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.