How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
East Ann Arbor Ambulatory Psychiatry-Outpatient facility is dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults, adolescents and children. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Ensure efficient flow within all clinical areas
- Provide clinical assistance by taking and recording vital signs; enter and/or update medications, allergies, health history and other key elements related to patient care accurately and professionally
- Perform EKG’s, medication prior authorizations, medication refill requests, patient scheduling and other supportive services as needed
- Perform Urine Drug Screen testing along with any requested point of care testing and enter results into MiChart
- Maintain and stock supplies for all clinical areas
- Ensure appropriate infection control protocol is followed in all clinical areas
- Properly manage equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready for use
- Be actively involved in improving day-to-day operational processes and workflow
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff
- Candidate must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills; and demonstrate an ability to interact with diverse population
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills and excellent attendance
- Candidate must demonstrate effective time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as with a team
- Ability to sit, stand and walk intermittently to assist and/or escort patients as needed in all clinical areas
- Demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- Certification as a Medical Assistant with a successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program which provides an organized externship
- Experience with MiChart-EpicCare systems and/or an electronic medical record system
- Experience working within a large complex healthcare and ambulatory setting
- 1-2 years or more of Medical Assistant experience
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures
This is a full time position; 40 hours/week Monday thru Friday, shift hours are from 7:30am – 6:00pm. Shift hours rotate and could potentially change based on the operational needs of the clinic and required meetings.
Rachel Upjohn Building at East Ann Arbor Medical Campus
4250 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal EVerify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR EVerify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the EVerify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the EVerify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.