How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
What You'll Do
The primary function of this role is to support the school’s research clinic reception, exercise research facility, and faculty. You will assist faculty with various purchasing and administrative tasks, working closely with the Research and Instructional Equipment Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Financial Specialist, you will perform responsibilities of a sensitive and confidential nature that require discretion, independent judgment and decision-making skills. Review the full job description here.
Who We Are
The School of Kinesiology is one of the fastest-growing schools at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. Currently, we have three undergraduate majors, five graduate degree programs, and two doctoral programs, as well as 24 research labs and centers. This winter we moved into the fully renovated Kraus Building, a 228,000 gross square foot space adjacent to the Diag. It is an exciting time to be in the School of Kinesiology; read more about us here!
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Manage reception, deliveries and mail (15%)
- Room scheduling and maintenance of 1st floor research space (40%)
- Purchasing and administration of instructional and research equipment (35%)
- Travel Reimbursements/Concur (5%)
- Other (5%)
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise and set the work schedule for temporary work-study student(s) responsible for maintaining office supplies, checking classrooms and providing assistance to faculty members with copying and projects.
Skills You Have
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accuracy and dependability
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact successfully with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff in an inclusive and trust-inspiring manner
- Comfortable with shifting demands and moderately complex assignments
- Work well collaborating with others and on your own
- High degree of technical skill – solid working knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office Suite products
Physical Demands/Work Environment; the person in this position:
- work must be performed in-person (Kinesiology Building); proper PPE will be provided, face coverings must be worn, and all safety protocols will be followed. U-M is following all current public health guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Throughout the hiring process, virtual and or in-person meetings / interviews may be required.
- will need to routinely communicate with faculty and staff about policies, procedures and programs
- will frequently remain stationary during an entire shift and/or frequently need to move through the building and occasionally across campus to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- may move tables, transport boxes and/or other materials for events, moves a dolly up to 150lbs
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.