Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
The Nurse & PA Recruiter position will be responsible for nurse and physician assistant recruitment and retention activities for Michigan Medicine.
The expectations of the person in this position include:
- Independently plan, implement and develop recruitment strategies and sourcing techniques to identify talented RN, APRN, PA and LPN candidates with the greatest potential for success at Michigan Medicine.
- Act as a consultant and partner to nursing hiring managers providing guidance consistent with Michigan Medicine institutional employment policies and procedures and state and federal employment law.
- Travel both locally and nationally to recruitment events, conventions and other recruitment related activities to ensure Michigan Medicine employer presence.
- Track, analyze and report metrics related to recruitment and retention activities.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and key stakeholders to develop recruitment plans that support new building activations and expansion efforts.
- Interface with advertising and other agencies in order to coordinate marketing materials, brochures and giveaways.
- Participate and evaluate ongoing nurse retention efforts.
- Initiate and manage the pre-employment onboarding process for selected RN, APRN, PA and LPN candidates.
- Current Michigan RN license
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years RN experience; preferably in an academic medical center
- Recent experience (within the last 2 years) either as a healthcare recruiter, nurse manager/supervisor, healthcare human resource consultant, or project manager
* Occasional travel is required both locally and nationally
* In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
* RESUME required for both internal and external applicants. You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Previous healthcare recruitment experience preferred.
- Nursing Leadership experience preferred.
- Considerable and progressively responsible experience in employment, employee relations, or compensation.
- Experience with full cycle recruiting to include creating recruitment strategies for sourcing, screening, selection and retention.
- Experience working with an online Applicant Tracking System.
- Experience with pre-employment screening and processing job offers.
- Previous experience in data management, event planning and project management highly desired.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Ability to define, analyze, implement and control recruitment strategies and processes.
- Ability to adapt to change and plan strategically.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with clinical directors.
- Vision and energy to proactively address issues related to Nurse and PA recruitment and retention.
- Strong customer service focus and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Initiative to invest in personal and professional growth.
Hours: 40 per week
Shift: Primarily Day shift, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5 PM; specific hours and days to be determined upon hire
Work schedule will be required to flex to the needs of the department and may include some weekend and evening hours on occasion.
Location: Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment and Retention; Michigan House Building
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.