How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position will help manage data, reporting, workflows, and systems for recruitment and admissions, and work on new projects as they arise. As a member of the Systems and Research team, the BSA will have an opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment with other BSAs and cross-functional teams to support the needs of Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA) and the University community. The successful candidate is curious and analytical, exceptionally concerned with data quality, and has the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Who We Are
Headed by the Interim Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) provides campus-wide leadership in executing the strategic recruitment, admission, enrollment, records management and student financial support functions for the university. OEM is committed to envisioning, creating, and sustaining an effort that will lead to the optimal academic, student, and staff experience through the development and implementation of data-driven strategies, collaborative partnerships, and sustained investments in technological resources and a talented and capable workforce. Our reporting units work strategically with the schools and colleges, leveraging expertise and best practices across the Offices of Admissions, New Student Programs, Financial Aid, and the Registrar.
OEM is committed to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our campus is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by building a critical mass of diverse groups on campus including staff, students and creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively leverage the resources of diversity to advance our collective capabilities.
For more information about OEM including our diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan visit the Enrollment Management website.
40% Provide production support on identified projects for OUA, the academic units, and other University offices requesting assistance. Manage process of loading prospect data, test scores, and web application files and work closely with other members of the Systems and Research Team. Enhance and maintain products with 3rd party vendors (i.e. the OUA web application, testing agencies).
40% Work with managers on recruiting, evaluating, and reporting needs. Leverage internal systems and data to answer questions and interpret data. Design and run weekly reports in support of admissions operations. Develop high quality Slate ad hoc queries to help with the recruiting focus within the office. Convert data into concise understandable reports and create user-friendly data visualizations. Play an integral role in developing dashboards, status reports, as well as ad hoc and year-over-year report analyses.
10% Develop, maintain and support documentation for data loads and other operating procedures. Audit data on a regular basis and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
10% Assist with coordination of cross-functional processes involving information systems. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of related experience, including query/report writing, and data analysis
- Working understanding of relational database technologies, query tools, and data integration methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Access and Excel, Tableau
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries
- Ability to meet multiple competing deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability. Aptitude to identify process improvements and suggest solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Familiarity with Technolutions Slate CRM, PeopleSoft or other student information system.
- Understanding of student data and reporting functions in an admissions environment
- Experience in a University setting preferably working in Admissions
Please note: There is a need for the selected candidate to independently secure reliable internet access/wifi due to the current remote work arrangement. This position is typically expected to work on-campus, and the incumbent may be expected to do so upon direction, following public health and University guidelines.
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.