How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Review patient eligibility using health and medical information, including medical record data
- Approach potential research subjects, explain research protocol, and obtain patient consent for clinical research projects
- Perform phone calls to patients for screening, patient recruitment and patient follow-up
- Enter patient research data into an electronic data capture system
- Assist in accurately scheduling patient study visits, imaging visits and entering orders
- Participate in regular study team meetings and assist in documenting participants’ study progress for regular review by the project manager and Principal Investigators
- Bachelor's Degree in health related field
- Experience working in pain research
- Familiarity with database building in Qualtrics and REDCap
- Previous work with pro-diary and EMA data
- Demonstrated ability to observe and maintain data confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility for work in diverse settings and populations.
- Strong organizational skills, attentive to detail and able to follow protocols
- Basic computer skills - word processing, internet searches, spread sheets, Microsoft Outlook, additional skills in behavioral data acquisition helpful but not necessary
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff, and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem-solving
The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. The successful candidate will be adept at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment and able to work independently, maintain orderly records, and seek guidance as needed. Previous experience in a clinical setting is also helpful
Please note: This is a term-limited appointment. At the end of the term, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.