How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Set up, organize, and manage the conduct of clinical trials and related processes, including 1) the setting up of clinical sites, 2) engagement with community health workers (CHWs), 3) staying compliant with regulatory requirements during execution of the study and 4) closeout.
- Support community and academic engagement using a Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR) approach. Actively support and coordinate community-based organization (CBO) relationships and work collaboratively with the steering committee, and other UM and governmental health departments
- Collaborate with existing team members, and multiple staff and personnel, including research assistants, students, CHWs, and communications and administrative partners.
- Manage day to day study logistics and operations, proactively identify and address engagement needs while staying compliant with regulatory aspects.
- Provide fiscal oversight for the project in partnership with the PIs.
- Master’s degree with 3 years’ research experience, or Bachelor’s degree with at least 4-5 years’ research experience. Experience leading complex projects that include project management, budgetary oversite, and regulatory compliance.
- Work experience with federally funded contracts and grants, experience with submitting IRB applications and research regulatory compliance.
- Commitment to and interest in community engaged research and research excellence and is familiar with community engagement principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using meeting tools such as Zoom, Teams, WebEx, Skype for Business and proficient use of computers and applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EndNote, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed; ability to regularly attend evening committee/leadership meetings with community partners and external stakeholders.
- Experience and ability to establish rapport with diverse individuals at all levels across multiple fields.
- Experience in keeping accurate and detailed project records.
- Proven experience and ability to organize, set priorities, and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- A strong candidate will demonstrate commitment to excellence in research, adhering to appropriate standards and guidelines, and exceptional organizational skills. As a member of a high-functioning team, the individual must have the ability to make independent decisions, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities. Candidate must be able to work in community settings in the field.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.