How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Pharmacy Services Department is seeking an experienced professional within Pharmacy Services to support Michigan Medicine’s involvement in the 340B Drug Purchasing Program. The 340b Admin Specialist will be tasked with compliance, financial oversight, reporting and monitoring of 340b activities. To accomplish these responsibilities, the ideal candidate must possess an extensive analytical background, be detail oriented and exhibit ownership of assigned responsibilities
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Participate in special projects to improve reporting, analysis, and internal processes to achieve margin improvements, 340b compliance and overall efficiency.
- 340b program related reconciliations, manual qualifications, and self-audits.
- Design, develop, and recommend new approaches, methodologies and tools for data driven decision-making and planning.
- Schedule and create ad hoc reports for drug level analysis of medication purchases.
- Assist in preparation of monthly journal entries and financial reports to Pharmacy Team.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly meetings as required.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience in business, pharmacy, billing, finance or accounting.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to work well with teams.
- Must have effective organizational skills and flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities, attention to details, and ability to multitask.
- Experience with preparing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Strong analytical techniques and computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office, Business Objects, Finance BI, and Hyperion.
- Consistently striving to improve processes and meet internal/external deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with spreadsheet applications and analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Admin Specialist Associate: 0-2 years of experience in finance, accounting, audit, compliance, pharmacy, and/or billing preferably in a University or Health Care environment.
- Admin Specialist Intermediate: 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting, audit, compliance, pharmacy, and/or billing preferably in a University or Health Care environment
- Business, Accounting or Finance degree is preferred.
- Experience working within Pharmacy is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Mpathways and Business Objects financial software systems
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Currently this role is working remotely but is likely to change.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.