How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To perform mammography related procedures by operating X-ray equipment to make images of designated areas and evaluate the technical quality of images.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- *Performs mammography exams and procedures which may take between 15 to 90 minutes.
- *Explain and prepare patients for examinations and perform radiologic studies.
- *Determines proper technique and selects exposure factors.
- *Adapt procedures to obtain specific diagnostic results.
- *Interprets patient histories and physician instructions.
- *Assure completion of all phases of radiographic procedures.
- *Maintain the quality of images to determine if re-examination is necessary.
- *Process patient care orders using the electronic ordering system may be required in certain areas.
- *Practice radiation protection.
- *Ability to enter patient information into Radiology Information System.
- *Ability to review images on Radiology PACS system
- *Graduation from a school of radiologic technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- *Registration by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists is necessary.
- *Registration by A.R.R.T. in Mammography is necessary.
- *This classification requires Primary Source Verification.
The work schedule for this position: Days, Evenings and Weekends - 40 hours weekly
University of Michigan Cancer Center - B2 317
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.