How to Apply
A cover letter is NOT required for consideration.
Call Center position, within the department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services, that is dedicated to supporting patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. This position is responsible for reinforcing a positive image of the Health System to all customers. They use information systems and customer service skills to facilitate customer interactions such that the customer experiences the Health System as an accessible, coordinated and seamless entity.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
- Responds to a high volume of room service patient telephone requests; enters selections into CBORD software program
- Obtain patient’s meal selections for their prescribed diet order. Use a portable wireless computing device to enter selections into CBORD.
- Utilize CBORD and MiChart computer systems to verify diet order and allergy information
- Resolves routines questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Enters outpatient billing information into computer software system
- Perform general office tasks such as preparing copies and printing reports
- Delivers menus and other food service related items to inpatient nursing units
- High School Diploma.
- Must possess basic computer skills and the ability to learn new computer applications. Proficient in utilization of email systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. Able to function as a team member with flexibility in a changing and challenging work environment.
- Able to lift 15 pounds and walk a considerable distance.
- Associate degree, or post high school education at an accredited university or college.
- Work or volunteer experience related to healthcare and/or dietetics.
- Demonstration of customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with MiChart and CBORD software.
This posting is for the morning, day, and evening shift openings. Staff working this position can expect to work on weekends and holidays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.