How to Apply
Submit a resume to indicate interest.
The Student Leadership Assistants position is only available to students who are awarded Federal Work-Study for the upcoming academic year. This position will work no more than 10 hours a week. The position will be for both the Fall and Winter semesters starting on August 23, 2021. The various functions of the SLA position culminate in supporting the mission, vision, and values of Student Involvement and Leadership.
- Provide customer service in person support, answering and transferring calls, taking messages, etc. when in office
- Create and deploy online resources for student leadership development and student organizations
- Support student organizations use of Student Involvement and Leadership services including Engage, space reservations, supplies, and program planning at organization meetings and in direct consultation meetings
- Monitor all Student Involvement and Leadership posting spaces as designated in posting policy
- Provide programmatic support for all Student Involvement and Leadership programs including but not limited to Maize & Blue Days, leadership programs, Connection Calendar programming, fraternity and sorority programming, trainings, and special events
- Coordinate assigned programs including reservations, attendance tracking, facilitation, and assessment
- Develop learning outcomes and assessment for assigned programs based on training provided
- Support marketing and public relation efforts for Student Involvement and Leadership including but not limited to tabling, social media, classroom presentations, and announcements
- Facilitate trainings and presentations as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be enrolled as a student at UM- Flint for the full academic year
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Able to work independently as well as in teams
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and the ability to develop other computer skills as needed
- Customer Service Experience
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the fourth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.