The Club Sports program maintains Instagram, Twitter & Facebook accounts for the program, and is seeking a student to assist with content creation, as well as marketing on campus. The Club Sports Marketing & Events Program Assistant will maintain regular office hours at the Recreation Center to write and schedule content, as well as prepare materials for events. When time permits, the staff member also has the opportunity to take on tasks in areas of interest, such as photography, event planning, and game day management, amongst others.
- Assist with the implementation of a social media strategy to increase online presence and improve marketing/promotion to a diverse campus population
- Write content for social media promotions for home, away and special events
- Attend onsite events to take photo and video – equipment is provided
- Prepare and organize materials for event supervisors to use at home games/events
- Work with club officers to develop social media and marketing plans for their team
- Be versatile by learning and being well versed in all aspects of the program
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Options to create and pursue additional Club Sport related projects based on individual strengths, preferences, and interests
- Enrolled student at UM-Flint
- Available to report for staff training in mid-August, and work up to 10 hours per week during office hours (8am-6pm, Monday-Friday) fall and winter semesters
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media platform usage (personal or business)
- Outstanding organizational skills, with ability to focus on details
- Able to communicate effectively (verbally and written) to provide quality service to club teams
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Desire to enter marketing, graphic design or other related field upon degree completion
- Photoshop or other design software knowledge
- Photography and/or videography experience
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.