The Club Sports event supervisor provides on site supervision and support for home games and other special events, such as orientation tabling and hockey ticket sales. Club Sports event supervisors also serve as a first responder in the case of an emergency. No prior experience is required, as all the necessary training and certifications will be provided (Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED).
- Event set up and clean up at on and off campus home competitions
- Opening/closing facilities and supervising club competitions or practices
- Enforce policies and procedures with participants and spectators
- Provide assistance to spectators
- Complete shift reports, roster checks, injury reports and other documentation as necessary
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Performing clerical duties and other assigned tasks
- Enrolled student at UM-Flint
- Available to work in the evenings and on weekends for Fall & Winter semesters
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully complete provided first aid, CPR & AED certifications
- Desire to enter a medical field, event management, or other related field upon degree completion
- Reliable transportation to off campus events
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.