Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
We are an outpatient Michigan Medicine satellite facility located in Canton, MI, seeking an energetic, independent individual to join our team as a full-time Rehabilitation Technician. We are a very close-knit group that values each other’s thoughts, opinions and expertise. We place a strong focus on skill development to facilitate careers in therapy or related fields and offer an exceptional benefits package. U of M Health System is ranked number 1 in Michigan and among the best in the U.S. in annual rankings.
Assist Occupational, Physical Therapists and Speech Language Pathologist with the care of our patients.
This includes but is not limited to tasks such as:
- assure all treatment rooms/areas are in a constant state of readiness (clean/prepared) for patient care
- room and assist patients with any needs they may have during their appointment
- provide assistance to therapists with setting up for treatment, completing transfers of patient and functional mobility skills
- assist our various specialty programs including orthopedic, neuro rehab, spine, cancer rehab, vestibular, hand, aquatic and mens’/womens’ health
- clean and prepare equipment for treatment, order and stock of supplies, contact and assist with scheduling patients as needed
- perform routine checks of equipment and provide general maintenance
- regularly clean entire clinic space following covid-19 guidelines for the health and safety of all
- assist with back up for screening our entrance in accordance with Michigan Medicine Infection Prevention policy
- assist with data collection for research and communication purposes
- this position also involves sharing responsibility for orientation and supervision of volunteers
- high school diploma or an equivalent of education and experience is necessary
- computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint) as well as effective verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to independently seek out work that needs to be completed and follow through on job duties while simultaneously helping others
- self–direction and high energy - this position requires a significant amount of standing, bending, assisting and lifting throughout the entire shift
- adhere to high standard of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability and flexibility
- strong organizational skills
- clear, courteous etiquette and social comfort when working in close proximity with patients, and someone who enjoys being part of a team
- some experience working with patients in occupational/physical therapy or a desire to do so in the future
Clinic hours are 7AM-7PM, Monday through Friday, 8am-12 noon on Saturdays. Specific schedule to be determined at time of hire based on the needs of the clinic.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.