The Briarwood Medical Group Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) is a Patient Centered Medical Home in the Division of General Medicine, which provides team-based primary care to adult patients. The primary mission of the ACU is to provide timely, high-quality, evidence-based, empathetic care to a population of diverse patients while also upholding the academic mission of Michigan Medicine through the education of medical students and residents. We are seeking a compassionate and enthusiastic Medical Assistant to join our team. This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, commitment to innovation, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Work directly with one provider and care team to deliver excellent and timely patient care
- Ensure efficient patient flow in a fast paced Internal Medicine outpatient setting
- Complete patient intake including taking vitals, obtain medical and surgical history and document chief complaint
- Reconcile outside records and document clinical information in patient chart in electronic medical record
- Assist providers with point of care alerts for overdue services
- Assist with diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Provide clinical assistance by performing immunization/medication administration, EKG’s, bench testing and procedures as necessary
- Assist with obtaining medication prior authorizations
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Experience with clinic medical office or other Ambulatory Care setting.
- Candidate must demonstrate team effort, be able to work independently, have good organization skills.
- Candidate must have an excellent attendance record, but also be flexible in assignment and work schedule.
- 0-1 years of experience
- 1-3 years of experience
- Certified as medical assistant.
- Experience working with Epic.
- Understanding of university policies and procedures.
Shift: Mon-Fri with occasional late evening and/or Saturdays
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Market Title: Medical Assistant Associate with option to underfill to Medical Assistant
Department Name: Briarwood Medical Group
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.