The Congenital Heart Center at the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital is currently seeking a full time Clinician Assistant to support clinicians in the PCTU.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Participate in morning rounds and obtain any ordered lab results, procedure reports, and test results throughout the day.
- Enter information into MiChart from outside hospitals as well as from the current admission.
- Facilitate communication between team members for each patient, including Family, Staff, Fellow, Nurse, Tech, Dietitian, Social Work, Care Management and Consulting Services.
- Track contact information for outside referring cardiologists. Contact outside cardiologists for updates on a weekly basis.
- Attend PCTU monthly meetings for Daily Operations and Continuous Quality Improvement. Follow up on action items. Create documents as needed for research and quality control.
- Attend daily Safety huddle and discharge planning meetings 3x/week.
- Collect and track data for the Medical Director or other physician’s use.
- Collect and track Admission Data for PC4.
- Ensure families are oriented to the PCTU and are aware of various policies, procedures, and amenities (in a host’s absence). See that each family receives a Patient Care Notebook and is educated on its content and use, are present for morning rounds, and assist staff in keeping families updated.
- Provide support and information to families and clinical staff during interventional/emergent procedures.
- Follow up with families via the Family Satisfaction Survey. Log results into database. Prepare quarterly reports for leadership.
- Provide OR updates to patient families
- Collect data for research and quality improvement efforts for infection control.
- Maintain the unit’s Quality Dashboard.
- Assist with upkeep and securing maintenance of all hardware used by the medical team (e.g. phones, portable computers, etc.)
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, accountability and follow through abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to take direction while successfully managing the clinician needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive image and attitude when interacting patients, faculty, and staff.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to work.
- 1-2 years experience in a medical setting or inpatient unit.
- Proficient in MiChart.
- Basic Microsoft office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.