How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Call Center Representative will be responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls. Provide customer service to patients and referring providers through the facilitation of various call center functions including phone triage, maintenance of clinic schedules, patient appointments and health record management. Respond to a high volume of referral inquiries following MM and departmental procedures.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Answer Incoming calls.
- Perform outbound calls to patients, referring providers or other medical providers.
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide patients with information on necessary preparation or materials and documents needed for the appointment.
- Initiate, route and follow-up on communications with clinicians regarding patient concerns using MiChart InBasket.
- Collect and update patient demographics, insurance and authorizations, referring and/or primary care. physician information and other pertinent information.
- Request and obtain health records from outside providers to support continuity of care.
- Demonstrate service excellence in answering all calls.
- Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar.
- Maintain and monitor fax server.
- Monitor and manage Referral Work Queue.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- Strive to meet UMHS call center key performance indicators.
- Efficiently perform general office duties, including faxing, imaging documents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be an active team player with the ability to work independently.
- Possess strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Associates degree in the healthcare industry.
- Experience working in a complex health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Customer Service environment.
- Familiarity with MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Days: Monday – Saturday
- Hours: Varied shifts between 7:30am-7:30pm
- The above is subject to change based on business needs.
Michigan Medicines North Campus Administrative Complex in Ann Arbor, MI. This position may be eligible to work from home once training is complete and performance metrics are met and able to be maintained).
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.