This full-time Psychologist position at the University Center for the Child and the Family (UCCF) offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to UCCF's clinical service and training programs.
We are seeking an individual with clinical and supervisory experience in a best practices framework that emphasizes the provision of evidence-based assessment and treatment of youth and families. At UCCF, we value the use of an integrated model that considers cultural context, family values, developmental issues, and family/community systems in the development of individualized approaches to care. This position would allow for areas of specialized clinical interest as well as well-rounded work with youth and families that present to our clinic with a range of presenting issues. In particular, we are looking for an individual with substantial experience with, and interest in, Family Therapy or assessing and/or treating Neurodiverse families and young adults to complement the skill sets of our current supervisory staff.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- supervision of psychology practicum students, psychology and social work interns, and postgraduate trainees, including monitoring clinical care of clients seen by supervisee, structuring activities of the supervisee to help ensure the provision of competent services, facilitating trainee's professional development, providing formative and summative evaluation of the supervisee's clinical work and professional behavior
- direct services to clients
- seminar presentations
- participation in agency planning
- Engagement in and program development around UCCF's community outreach and collaborative research activities
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Full Michigan licensure as a Psychologist
- Demonstrated training and clinical experience working with children, adolescents, and families
- Teaching/clinical supervisory experience
- 2-5 years of post-doctoral experience is strongly preferred but we will consider exceptional applicants completing their post-doctoral fellowship by September 2021Experience with telebehavioral health
- Passion for integrating technology into clinical service and training
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team
- Training and background in addressing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in clinical work and/or institutional settings
Dr. Erin Hunter, Director
University Center for the Child and Family
University of Michigan
500 E. Washington, Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.