Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Assist Occupational and Physical Therapists and nursing to help facilitate patient readiness to transport to therapy, including possible dressing, transfers and Toileting.
- Assist transporting patients.
- Assist Occupational and Physical Therapists with two person techniques.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of patient equipment and inventory of patient supplies/wheelchairs.
- Assist with patient scheduling and compliance auditing
- Assist Occupational and Physical Therapist in the administration of supervised exercise programs for inpatients.
- Assist in orientation of volunteers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills and effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to multi task and work independently.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and relate to the needs of patients as well as providing support to the team.
- Must be able to walk long periods of the day, assist with lifting of patients. Must not have any lifting restrictions.
- 1 year minimum experience working in a health care setting working with patients is desirable.
This position is working day shift a 40 hour schedule which will be varied and will include weekends. Schedule to be determined.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.