Dietetic Assistant position, within the department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services, that is dedicated to supporting patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. This position is responsible for reinforcing a positive image of the Health System to all customers. They use information systems and customer service skills to facilitate customer interactions such that the customer experiences the Health System as an accessible, coordinated and seamless entity.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
• Responds to a high volume of room service patient telephone requests; enters selections into CBORD software program
• Utilize CBORD and MiChart computer systems to verify diet order and allergy information.
• Utilizes the primary and secondary Aspect phone systems to manage phone calls and queues.
• Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
• Effectively communicates to patients and their family members, nursing, Food Services Managers, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and others in a professional manner.
• Reviews MiChart worklist and transferred pertinent information to CBORD
• Generates/prints the CBORD Advanced Ticket Diet Order Change report prior to each meal and adjusting menu selections as appropriate per diet order change
• Calls patients who have dialysis scheduled the following day and set up an early breakfast tray
- High school graduate.
- 0-2 years telephone-based customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals.
- Willingness to be a team member with the ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Competent using technology such as hand held computers, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and email.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with respect to patient information.
- Ability to reach overhead, lift and carry 25 pounds and walk a considerable distance.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the healthcare industry or dietetics.
- Demonstrated ability of strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with MiChart/Epic and CBORD software.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
This is a 32.5 hour position that works 3-10 PM five days a week. The position works a three week rotating schedule, working 2 weekends on, one weekend off, with variable days off during the week
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.